Item Id: 686
Material Used: Muga
Medium: Handloom (Haatere Bua)
Made in Sualkuchi, Assam
The Mekhela Chadar is a Traditional Assamese attire, of the Assamese people.
There are two main pieces of cloth that are draped around the body. The bottom portion, draped from the waist downwards is called the 'Mekhela'. The Upper half of the two-piece attire is called the 'Chadar'.
These Mekhela Chadars are handwoven from Muga, by weavers from Sualkuchi, Assam. Riha sets are worn by women mostly during the festival of Bihu.
The Mekhela Chadar can be worn on all kinds of special occasions like weddings, housewarming parties, festivals, etc.
This Riha Set contains 1 Chadar, 1 Mekhela. The Blouse piece is attached.
This particular design is also available on Pat or Toss silk.
Size: Mekhela size- 32 inch
Chadar size- 35 inch
Note: If the product is out of stock, it may take a minimum of 7-10 days for delivery.
You need to Login
- We ensure that the order gets processed within 24 hours. However, for furniture we usually ship within 20 business days of receiving order.
- We strive to deliver products in excellent condition and in the fastest time possible. However, we can't commit on the same.
- For furniture we provide free delivery (within India). However, for other products we charge a flat rate courier amount. The shipping cost will be charged as mentioned in the products page and will not change on application of discount coupons.
- Once the products are shipped from our location, we will send you the shipperâ€™s reference number (airway bill number/docket number) through email.
Terms & Return Policy
- Cancellations on categories (other than furniture and lighting) are allowed only till the item is shipped.
- No cancellations in furniture and lighting are allowed, once the order is placed. In case of any exception, two-way shipping charges will be borne by the customer.
- In case of cancellations, no refund will be made for Part Payment of orders; the advance amount will be forfeited as cancellation charges.
- Returns will only be accepted for damaged/ defective products.
- You will need to inform us of any damage/ defects within 48 hours of delivery of the product, in order to receive the replacement.
- Please do not accept any products with damaged/ tampered packaging (excludes normal wear & tear and markings on the outer surface of the package, acceptable in the transit process).
- Products/ Items should be UNUSED.
- Products should be returned in their original packaging along with the original price tags, labels and invoices.
- It is advised that the return packets should be strongly and adequately packaged so that there is no damage of goods in transit.
- Any products damaged post delivery to customer, shall not be accepted for return.
Refunds will be processed within 7 business days of receipt of the product by us, provided goods are received in acceptable condition as dispatched. Refund method will be based on the mode of order payment.
Straw Bags, Bamboo Cane Furniture, Cane Rattan Items, Natural Bamboo Lamps and Lighting, all handmade crafts